At the Shidler College, we are proud to be able to award on average $1 million in scholarship support to at least 15% of our student body each academic year from over 100 funds invested by alumni and friends.
This tremendous level of support helps students graduate on time and without debt, as well as participate in extracurricular activities, study abroads, and internships.
- Full-time, undergraduate students pursuing a degree in any area of study at the University of Hawai‘i at Manoa Shidler College of Business.
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above.
- Financial need shall be a criterion in making this award although not necessarily as defined by federal guidelines.
- Students majoring in finance and/or have an interest to pursue real estate as a career as self-identified through the application process.
- Students who are current or former residents of Micronesia as self-identified in the following order: Republic of Palau, Federated States of Micronesia, Republic of Marshall Islands, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and Guam.
HOW TO APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS FOR THE 2019-2020 ACADEMIC YEAR
Go to the University of Hawai‘i’s STAR System at:
All enrolled Shidler students are eligible for Shidler scholarships upon completion of the online application.
Scholarship Applications Open:
Scholarship Applications Close:
W. Nicholas “Nick” Captain has been involved in commercial real estate valuation and consulting for nearly 30 years. He started real estate work in Honolulu in 1991 after graduating at the top of his class from the University of Hawai‘i at M¯anoa Shidler College of Business as a Finance major. Captain was previously based on Guam for 20 years and has completed international studies in seven countries in the Pacific. Captain received numerous scholarships while he attended the Shidler College of Business that were critical to his financial ability to finish school quickly. He decided to start the Captain Real Estate scholarship upon his return to Honolulu in 2017.